How to Find a Great Real Estate Agent
Types of Agents
There are different types of real estate professionals. It is important to understand the different levels of expertise. Bear in mind that licensing and certification tends to vary from state to state:
- Real Estate Agent- A real estate agent typically has a state license or certification.
- Realtor- Realtors have state licensing and have additional certification from the National Association of Realtors.
- Real Estate Broker- Depending upon the state, a real estate broker may have to have a certain number of years of experience and may have to take a brokerís exam on real estate law.
Look Beyond Certifications and Licences
When you are searching for the right agent, consider their licensed qualifications, but also keep these intangibles in mind:
- Look for someone that takes the time to look presentable and professional. Remember they are representing you and your interests.
- Find someone with excellent communication skills.
- It is important that your agent be a skilled negotiator.
- Think about how your agent will be perceived by perspective buyers. You want someone who will be friendly and respectful to potential buyers.
- Try to find an agent that likes your home that is able to accentuate the positive.
- Are you a seller or a buyer? Look into a sellerís agent or buyerís agent.
- Look for a local agent. Their knowledge of local conditions will be useful in buying or selling a home.
- Choose your agent before you start seriously looking at homes. The agent can provide helpful guidance in making your decision.
- If possible, try to find an agent with two or more years of experience.
- Look for commitment. Try to find someone that will give you all of his or her time and energy to get your home sold.
- Interview at least three prospects. Ask them tough questions. Ask for references and evaluate their personality.
- How long have you been in real estate? How long in this area?
- How many houses have your sold? At what prices?
- What will they do to sell your home at the best price?
- What kind of training have they obtained?
- How many properties do you manage?
- Ask them to report back to you with their progress.
- Consider the National Association of Realtors website.
- How proactive can they be to make sure your home is sold?
GET READY FOR MY NEXT ARTICLE !!!! A LIST OF THE BEST GAY REAL ESTATE AGENTS IN NJ!!!!!!!!!!