October 4, 2020
3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Matthew LoscialoEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
A brief biography on Stephen Lovatt, who will be doing the presentation:
Stephen has a Doctorate in theoretical physics from Bristol University. He became a Roman Catholic in 1979 while studying at Cambridge University and has self-identified as gay since 1993, when he fell in love with a young man, Paul, at Bristol University. Lovatt transferred his membership to the Greek Catholic Church in 2012 and has published a number of books on theology and philosophy, in particular "Faithful to the Truth: how to be an orthodox gay Catholic." He lives in Cheltenham, England with David, his long-time civil partner, who is also a Catholic.
Synopsis of presentation:
- "Who am I?" a brief life-story.
- Sacred Scripture and homosexuality: Leviticus, Sodom, David & Jonathan, The Centrurian and his boy, St Paul.
- Sacred Tradition and homosexuality: St Augustine, St Gregory, St Aelred, St Thomas Aquinas.
- The Vatican's present-day official teaching regarding homosexuality.
- Pope Francis and homosexuality.
- How to deal with confession.
To view the presentation, click here.
For more information, please email Matthew Loscialo.